29 January 2010

I washed

my bedding today. As I removed the last of the sheets, I noticed a rather oddly-colored unidentifiable object at my toes. I kicked it gently. It sharply bit me in return and scurried back under the bed. I knelt, peering at the neglected patch of carpeted floor that the bed covers. There was a flock of unacknowledged angers living there, numerous and lean. It must have started when I would hurl obscenities into the dark while sleeping back when I first moved in. A little time to incubate without disturbances must be all it takes.

Ever forgotten about some used tissues from when you had the flu?
Ever had them start new viral boot camps while you think you're well and over it?

With all of the serenity I could at once muster, I sang deeply of love and understanding and the sound of my quivering voice tore the black little hearts out of each and every one of the cancerous little shits. In my victory, I stood and wiped the goo from my face. When I had a dog, she would have licked the whole mess right up. I glanced at my cats and how they were both half asleep in the window, sipping sunlight and blankly returning my wanting gaze. I got the vacuum out and threw the first load into the washing machine.

No comments: